Studies show that some individuals have a genetic variant which may cause poor conversion between the carotene and retinol forms of vitamin A. For this reason, G&G uses a high-quality pure vitamin A acetate in this supplement. This is a type of preformed retinol, which means it doesn't require conversion in the body. This form of retinol is suitable for vegans.
It comes in a vegetable cellulose capsule, which enables G&G to avoid the addition of unnecessary chemicals, excipients, binders and coatings that are commonly found in tablet supplements. A vegetable cellulose capsule is designed specifically to break down naturally within the acid of your stomach, ensuring that your body absorbs the nutrients during digestion.
What does Vitamin A do?
- Vitamin A contributes to the maintenance of normal skin.
- Vitamin A contributes to the normal function of the immune system
- Vitamin A contributes to the maintenance of normal vision
- Vitamin A contributes to the maintenance of normal mucous membranes
- Vitamin A has a role in the process of cell specialisation
- Vitamin A contributes to normal iron metabolism
Take 1 capsule daily with a meal or as directed by a professional.
- Do not exceed stated recommended dose.
- A food supplement should not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet & healthy lifestyle.
- Store in a cool dry place, out of the reach and sight of young children.
|Product type||Vitamin A|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
1 capsule provides
- Vitamin A 5,000iu (1.5mg) (as retinol acetate)
- Rice flour 178mg
- Vegetable cellulose (capsule) 40mg (starch, maltodextrin, vitamin A acetate, sucrose, silicon dioxide)