The base ingredient for the supplement is eyebright, a wild plant native to Europe. The name is thought to have derived from its use in traditional folk remedies, with the active ingredient within the plant thought to be the tannins.
Eyebright Plus combines a number of other natural ingredients to complete the blend. These include:
Lutein: A carotenoid that is naturally concentrated in the macular of healthy eyes. Macular is the most visually sensitive part of the eye. Unfortunately, the natural levels of lutein in the eye often decline as we age.
Bilberry: A highly nutritive berry native to northern Europe, and used throughout the continent for centuries. Bilberry a fruit is related to the more common blueberry and is recognised as a natural source of flavonoids. The berries also contain anthocyanin pigments, which give them their deep purple colour.
Wild Carrot: A flowering plant whose roots are used for medicinal purposes, not to be confused with the more common root vegetable.
Lycopene: A natural compound that gives certain fruits and vegetables their colour. Commonly found within watermelons, pink grapefruits and with particularly high levels found in tomatoes and tomato products.
To find out more about all of the ingredients in our blend of Eyebright Plus, read the ingredients section.
Take 1-2 capsule daily with a meal or as directed by a healthcare professional.
Contains no: GMO, gluten, wheat, lactose, artificial preservatives or colourings.
- Do not exceed stated recommended dose.
- A food supplement should not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet & healthy lifestyle.
- Store in a cool dry place, out of the reach and sight of young children.
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
1 capsule provides
- Lutein extract 140mg
- Providing 7mg active lutein
- Lycopene extract 140mg
- Providing 7mg active lycopene
- Eyebright (Euphrasia spp.) 50mg
- Bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus) 50mg
- Carrot root (Daucus carota) 20mg
- Rice flour 141mg
- Vegetable cellulose (capsule) 100mg